Early Child Care & Education Program
DCO's Early Child Care and Education (ECCE) Program is anationally accreditedprogram, licensed by the Bureau of Child Care Licensing in 1991 to provide child care services for children with and without developmental disabilities. The program is a vendor for the Children's Division.
The Early Child Care and Education Program offers a daily classroom setting for infants and children 6 weeks through 6 years who require specialized programs and therapies as well as children who do not. The classroom instruction is based on a developmental model and offers a wide variety of activities including language stimulation, motor development, self-help skill development, learning centers, and play activities. Trained staff are supervised by a professional coordinator with a degree in the field.
Who Can Attend?
Classroom placement is available for children six weeks through six years. Children are assigned to classrooms based on chronological age.
with behavioral, medica
l, or physical needs will be enrolled on a trial basis with an individualized plan developed. Regular classroom enrollment will be approved when appropriate if the classroom environment meets the needs of the child.
- Trained Experienced Staff
- Structured Classroom Instruction
- Developmental Screening & Updates
- Video Cameras in Each Classroom
- Individual Therapy as Needed
- Support & Assistance with School Referrals
- Library Loan of Books, Articles & Tapes
- Inside Activity Space for Inclement Weather
- Electronic Door with Authorized Entry
- Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks are provided daily
- Milk and Soy Based Formula Provided
- Stage One and Stage Two Baby Food Provided
- Outside Restrooms & Water for Playground
- Resilient Surfacing on the playground
- Full Time Nurse on campus
- Splash pad for water play (1 year and older)
- Putting green (for older toddlers and kindergarten ready classes)
- Enrollment: $25 per child
- 6 weeks - 2 years: $185/week (includes formula with iron or soy-based formula and baby food)
- 2 years - 3 years: $125/week
- 3 years - 6 years: $115/week
Admission to any DCO program, service or staff position will not be denied due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, military status or disability.
***September 30, 2019
Attention ECCE Families:
It is with careful consideration that we share the following information. We value your children in our care, and we also value the quality care our staff provide each day. After taking several variables into consideration, we have decided to increase our childcare rates effective Monday, January 6, 2020. We haven’t put a rate increase on our enrollment to families in over eight years, keeping in mind the commitment it takes to enroll your child/children in our center. With that being said, the overall cost of living has continued to increase, and we also have some exciting changes coming your way that will also add to your benefit of being in our care.
The new rates are as follows:
- Infant up to two-year-olds (Classrooms 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, & 12) $210/week
- Two-year-old (Classrooms 4, 9, &10) $150/week
- Three through six year olds (Classrooms 1, 2 & 3) $140/week
We want to respect the time our staff have in the evenings to spend with their own families.
Late Pickup Fee
$20 minimum/+$1/min after 5 minutes
We are a fee-for-service program and it is important that we receive timely payment for your child’s/children’s care.
Late Payment Fee
$20 applied if full weekly payment isn’t received by 9 AM Tuesday morning.
$25 enrollment fee(non-refundable)*
*Due at the time you’re ready to commit to our center for any openings. This is to assist in better addressing the needs of our openings, and best plan for your child’s care.
If there are currently no openings for the age group your family is needing, we can take your information, but it is your responsibility to call prior to six months of being added to the wait list, indicating you’d like to remain on our list if an opening occurs. (i.e. Added in January. If no opening has occurred, but you’d still like to remain on the list, you need to contact us prior to July.)
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions. Thank you for choosing DCO!
Jeanette Stacye 417-829-0801 ECCE Program Coordinator
Crystal Vaughn 417-829-0893 Assistant Finance Director
Sara Walraven 417-829-0898 DCO Program Director