Early Child Care & Education Program
DCO's Early Child Care and Education (ECCE) Program is a nationally accredited program, licensed by the Bureau of Child Care Licensing in 1991 to provide child care services for children with and without developmental disabilities. The program is a vendor for the Children's Division.
The Early Child Care and Education Program offers a daily classroom setting for infants and children 6 weeks through 6 years who require specialized programs and therapies as well as children who do not. The classroom instruction is based on a developmental model and offers a wide variety of activities including language stimulation, motor development, self-help skill development, learning centers, and play activities. Trained staff are supervised by a professional coordinator with a degree in the field.
Who Can Attend?
Classroom placement is available for children six weeks through six years. Children are assigned to classrooms based on chronological age.
Children with behavioral, medical, or physical needs will be enrolled on a trial basis with an individualized plan developed. Regular classroom enrollment will be approved when appropriate if the classroom environment meets the needs of the child.
- Trained Experienced Staff
- Structured Classroom Instruction
- Developmental Screening & Updates
- Video Cameras in Each Classroom
- Individual Therapy as Needed
- Support & Assistance with School Referrals
- Library Loan of Books, Articles & Tapes
- Inside Activity Space for Inclement Weather
- Electronic Door with Authorized Entry
- Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks are provided daily
- Milk and Soy Based Formula Provided
- Stage One and Stage Two Baby Food Provided
- Outside Restrooms & Water for Playground
- Resilient Surfacing on the playground
- Full Time Nurse on campus
- Splash pad for water play (1 year and older)
- Putting green (for older toddlers and kindergarten ready classes)
RATES: Starting January 3, 2022
Enrollment: $25 per child*
- 6 weeks - 2 years: $230/week $55/daily (includes formula with iron or soy-based formula and baby food)
- 2 years - 3 years: $170/week $45/daily
- 3 years - 6 years: $160/week $40/daily
Admission to any DCO program, service or staff position will not be denied due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, military status or disability.
*This fee is nonrefundable and due at the time you’re ready to commit to our center for any openings. This is to assist in better addressing the needs of our openings, and best plan for your child’s care.
Late Pickup Fee: $20 minimum/+$1/min after 5 minutes
We are a fee-for-service program and it is important that we receive timely payment for your child’s/children’s care.
Wait list: If there are currently no openings for the age group your family is needing, we can take your information, but it is your responsibility to call prior to six months of being added to the wait list, indicating you’d like to remain on our list if an opening occurs. (i.e. Added in January. If no opening has occurred, but you’d still like to remain on the list, you need to contact us prior to July.)
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions. Thank you for choosing DCO!
Jeanette Stacye 417-829-0801 ECCE Program Coordinator
Crystal Vaughn 417-829-0893 Assistant Finance Director
Sara Walraven 417-829-0898 DCO Program Director
Need Help Finding Childcare? This may help.